This phase is for working out the floor plan and establishing the design direction for the project. The client is to provide all building shell drawings in CAD and PDF formats necessary to complete the preliminary floor plan.
- Meetings, emails, phone conversations and other communications with the client, architect and team members as necessary to discuss design direction and space planning.
- job site visit
- Preliminary floor plan indicating major elements such as the kitchen location and furniture layout
- Conceptual digital 11” x 17” mood board
This phase is for working out the total design of the restaurant. Some of the details will still be in review throughout the project but the general character and intent of the design should be in sharp focus by the end of this phase.
- Continuing communications and meetings with the client and team members
- Weekly meeting with the client
- Preliminary drawings for plans including floor finish, reflected ceiling, and furniture layouts
- Finish selections for all interior and exterior areas of the project submitted in a physical color & materials board with images of proposed lighting, artwork, furniture and specialty décor selections
- Printed 11” x 17” bound full color presentation book to include typical rendered elevations, rendered floor and reflected ceiling plans, and a digital color and materials board
- Job site visit
These drawings are intended to aid in the bidding proscess.
- AutoCAD drawings
- Finish schedule
- Item schedule
- Floor plan with item call outs and elevation references
- Reflected ceiling plan
- Floor finish plan
- Interior elevations
- Details necessary to describe intent throughout the project
- Millwork details
- Specialty interior design drawings
- Any plan check corrections as required
- Coordination with other project contributors
- FF&E Job Book: Typed 8 ½” x 11” specifications in binder based on client approval. To include Preliminary budget estimates on FF&E
- Job site visits
This Phase is the purchasing of all furniture, fixture, finishes, décor and equipment. This phase also includes the procurement and coordination to the jobsite.
- The gathering of all pricing of approved furniture, fixtures and equipment specified. Pricing to include shipping/handling and sales tax.
- Formulate a complete all inclusive bid for client approval
- Collect all required deposits and final payments
- Create all Invoices and Purchase Orders
- Track all shipping date and coordinate with onsite supervisor for deliveries
- Make sure all product meets clients approval
- Troubleshoot any unforeseen issues such as: Back-orders, discontinued product, re-selection of discontinued items, extended delivery dates, price change, delayed receiving dates do to construction delays
- Product Delivery List – Create master list of all products to be shipped for the on-site supervisor who will be signing off on the goods.
This Phase is the design administration phase and is the final step in the project development.
- Coordination with the owner's design team on the project as necessary for execution of design intent.
- Review and comment on shop drawing and finish submittals
- Job site visits
- Punch list – walkthrough for follow up of FF&E deliveries